Alerts & Advisories
Allow Extra Time to Navigate To and From the Terminals
N. McDonnell Road Partially Closed through July 2019
Beginning September 4, 2018, a partial closure of N. McDonnell Road will commence, resulting in one operable lane in each direction. The closure is expected to last through July 2019. Rental Car customers should plan accordingly and expect delays when travelling on N. McDonnell Road over the next year.
- The ramp to the Airport will be closed on Monday, October 22nd – Tuesday, October 23rd, between 11:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- The ramp to the Airport will be closed on Tuesday, October 23rd – Wednesday, October 24th, between 11:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.
Detours will be in place to direct traffic to the Millbrae Avenue exit to circle back to US 101 Northbound during the southbound ramp closure and to the San Bruno Ave. exit to circle back to US 101 Southbound during the northbound ramp closure.
Expect delays on the AirTrain
Full Closures – Buses required
|Date||AirTrain Closed (Buses Required)|
|Friday, October 19th||10:45 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.|
|Monday, October 22nd||10:45 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday, October 23rd||10:45 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.|
|Wednesday, October 24th||10:45 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.|
|Thursday, October 25th||10:45 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.|
|Friday, October 26th||10:45 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.|
Single Track Closure – No buses required
- On Friday, October 19th, the Red Line service will be suspended from at 6:00 p.m. through 10:45 p.m. During this period, the Blue Line will operate and serve all stations.
- On Monday, October 22nd and Tuesday, October 23rd, the Blue Line service will be suspended from 6:00 p.m. through 10:45 p.m. During this period, the Red Line will operate and serve all stations.
- On Wednesday, October 24th; Thursday, October 25th and Friday, October 26th, the Red Line service will be suspended from at 6:00 p.m. through 10:45 p.m. During this period, the Blue Line will operate and serve all stations.
Please refer to the overhead signs located at each station and listen carefully to the audio announcements for more specific information during these periods. Please note that in some cases, it may be quicker to walk to your destination. This scheduled closure is due to system upgrades and the construction of the new on-Airport hotel station.
SFO is extending the Blue Line AirTrain from the Rental Car Center to the Lot DD Long-Term Parking Structure. This project includes two new AirTrain stations (one at Lot DD and one at the new on-Airport hotel) and system upgrades. As a result, periodic shutdowns of some roads around the Airport, as well as periodic nighttime shutdowns of the AirTrain, will be necessary through 2020 when the project is complete. View AirTrain extension and improvements for more information.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to build for the future.